Sunday Pasta ®: Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 28-ounce can peeled plum tomatoes, drained and chopped -or 6 tomatoes peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat sauté the garlic and anchovies in the olive oil until garlic is golden. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers. Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, until reduced.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the package directions) and drain it. Add to the tomato sauce and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.