The Importance of Eating Italian
A handy guide to everything you need to know about Italian food, wine, and culture!
New York Times
Eat Like an Italian…A new food guide provides a deep history of the Italian table, with etiquette, dishes and provincial specialties.
An inspiring and informative guide to the foods of Italy.
What’ll you find in this book
- Can be a handy kitchen reference or a trusted travel companion, but above all it is an inspiration, an exaltation, and a guide to the adventure of Italian food and culture through the last 3,000 years.
- Everything you need to know about the most popular Italian foods, from bread and olive oil, to prosciutto and mozzarella, to panini, pizza, and pasta . . . all the way to gelato, espresso, and sambuca!
- The comprehensive chapter on wine simplifies the elaborate world of Italian wine.
- Adorned with simple and happy illustrations
- Contains an extensive Italian food glossary, a detailed table of pasta shapes, as well as sample menus from Italy’s 20 regional cuisines.
- Learn the famous Italian “food rules,” and a bit of history, grammar, and geography.
- A fun, easy, and stylish handbook!
About Ed Garrubbo
My name is Ed Garrubbo. Food has always been my passion, my motivation, my sanctuary, and my joy. I feel lucky to have grown up in a family obsessed with food. My Italian grandmothers taught me to cook, but more importantly, they showed me that food is the most basic way to spread love and to care for others. I suppose that I’ve been brainwashed.
I spend a lot of time thinking about, studying, chasing, sharing, and cooking food. My love affair with Italian food has only deepened with time…
Everything you need to know about the Italian Food and Wine,
with a detailed Food Glossary