Sunday Pasta® Recipe: Rigatoni con Speck, Panna, e Pistacchio
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 pound rigatoni (or penne)
- 6 ounces speck
- ½ glass of dry white wine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces raw Pistacchios, coarsely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut speck into bite-sized strips or cubes.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent. Add the speck and cook until the onions turns golden. Add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
- Lower the heat and add the cream, and salt, pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes until reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente (two minutes less than the package recommends). Drain, and add it to the speak and cream mixture.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of Pistacchios