- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 pound goat cheese ravioli (or ricotta)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt, to taste
- Parmigiano cheese, grated
Which wine do
I pair with this recipe?
Check out our wine pairings to complement this recipe!Find Out
- Remove the shells of the pistachios to yield one cup. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pistachios, and cook for one minute. Drain and submerge in cold water, removing any remaining skin. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cream and cook together for a few minutes. Add salt.
- In a food processor, mix the pistachios until finely ground. Slowly add the cream mixture until a creamy consistency is achieved. Return to the skillet and reduce to thicken over low heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli until al dente and drain.
- Place a spoonful of sauce on the bottom of each plate. Place a few ravioli on top. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmigiano.
(Please Note: In the photograph, I have Giovanni Rana’s beet ravioli filled with goat cheese.)
Eat Ravioli. Stop Hunger! (And I don’t mean your piddly stomach rumblings.) To help celebrate National Ravioli Day, March 20th, and more importantly, to combat hunger, please join us in promoting the #RanaRavioliChallenge!
Famed Italian pasta maker, Giovanni Rana, is partnering with the Food Bank For New York City to fight against hunger with its first ever Rana Ravioli Challenge. And Sunday Pasta is here to help!
Here’s the deal: Please take a photo of ravioli on March 20 (or share this one) and post it to your social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or others) with the hashtag #RanaRavioliChallenge. For every post of the hashtag, Giovanni Rana will donate one pound of pasta to the Food Bank For New York City.
The pasta shown in today’s Sunday Pasta recipe is Giovanni Rana’s beet ravioli filled with goat cheese. You can enjoy it at their restaurant in the Chelsea Market. If you can’t find this ravioli at your local market, any delicious Rana ravioli will due. Just remember, today please promote #RanaRavioliChallenge.
Eat Ravioli. Stop Hunger!