- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, with casings removed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound conchiglie, or short tubular pasta
- Grated Parmigiano
Which wine do
I pair with this recipe?
Check out our wine pairings to complement this recipe!Find Out
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil until the onion is lightly golden.
- Crumble the sausage into the skillet, and cook until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add the beans to the sausage mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the package directions), drain, and retain 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta to the beans. If the mixture seems dry, add some of the pasta water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano.
To dream, the impossible dream. That's what I did. Yep, I dreamed a dream in time gone by. And yes, sweet dreams are made of these.
What's in a dream? Orecchiette, sausage and chickpeas. It's true, I dreamed up this recipe. The next morning, I went to the market and had it prepared by 11:00 am. If only Freud were around to analyze this one. Then again, we don't need him to tell you that I'm crazy and that this recipe is crazy good.