- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 pound fusilli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 stalks broccoli
- 1 ball of Scamorza cheese (or Mozzarella) (at least 8 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cream (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Which wine do
I pair with this recipe?
Check out our wine pairings to complement this recipe!Find Out
- Rinse the broccoli under cold water. Cut into florets. Discard the stalks. In a large pot of boiling water, blanche the broccoli for about one minute. Remove with a skimmer. Set the broccoli aside. Retain the cooking water for the pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add salt and return the retained cooking water to a boil. Cook the fusilli until very al dente (half of the recommended cooking time). Drain pasta and place with the broccoli in a mixing bowl (now retaining about a cup of the cooking water). Coat with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Mix in the scamorza and add the cream (if using it) or some of the pasta cooking water. Mix well and move the pasta and broccoli to a large baking dish. Sprinkle the top with Parmigiano.
- Bake for 30 minutes, with the last 5 minutes under the broiler, until the top is golden.
- Serve immediately.
My Person of the Year? None other than the irascible Kim Jong-un. He has surpassed the other Kim (Kardashian) on my list of gravest of all threats to Western Civilization. Sure, he can annihilate us with a push of his small-ish button, but he sure does entertain whilst he keeps us on our toes.
Still, I’ve got some advice for both Kims and the Donald. Call off the dogs, put down the Twitter and the Big Macs, and keep your booties to yourselves. After that, the three of you should make a delicious bowl of Fusilli al Forno and share it. Discuss world peace. Now, that's a reality TV show worth watching (and a bowl of pasta worth eating).