Sunday Pasta®: Pennone al Gorgonzola
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fontina, grated or diced
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 4 ounces grated Parmigiano plus extra for serving
- 4 ounces gorgonzola dolce, diced or crumbled
- 1 pound pennone rigate or click here to purchase
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter and heavy cream. When the butter is melted, add the fontina, mascarpone, Parmigiano, and gorgonzola. Stir until melted together.
- Cook the pasta until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the package directions). Drain and add to the sauce. Cook for 1 minute, stirring until pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Serve in warm bowls with grated Parmigiano, salt and pepper to taste.