Sunday Pasta® Recipe: Penne con Salsiccia, Pomodorini, e Mozzarella Affumicata (Sausage, Cherry Tomatoes, Smoked Mozzarella)
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 pound penne
- 2 15 ounce cans Italian cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 12 ounces Italian sausage, de-cased
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium smoked mozzarella, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the sausage, and crumble with a fork. When cooked through, add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente (2 minutes less than the package instructions time). Drain.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the sausage mixture, and add the mozzarella. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.