Sunday Pasta® Recipe: Cavatappi con Rucola e Ricotta (Arugula)
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces arugula, rinsed and dried
- 8 ounces fresh, whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound cavatappi, or other tubular pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat sauté the garlic in the olive oil until pale gold. Add most of the arugula (save a few leaves for garnish) and sauté until wilted.
- Add the cooked arugula, ricotta, Parmigiano, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until thoroughly mixed, but not puréed.
- Cook the pasta until al dente (about 2 minutes less than package directions), drain, and place into a serving bowl. Toss in the arugula mixture.
- Serve immediately garnished with the remaining arugula.