I recently stumbled upon Ben-Hur, the 1959 classic with Charlton Heston. It got me thinking about him as Moses in The Ten Commandments. And that got me thinking about when God spoke to me on the Mount (Etna) about pasta. Here are the Ten Commandments of Pasta.
1. I am the LORD your God. You shall worship pasta and only pasta shall you serve.
2. You shall not take the name of pasta in vain (unless it is not al dente).
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day. (It is called Sunday Pasta for a reason.)
4. Honor your father and your mother. (This will be easier if she serves you pasta.)
5. You shall not kill (unless the chef drowns your pasta in bad sauce).
6. You shall not commit adultery (Well, unless your spouse doesn’t like pasta.)
7. You shall not steal (except for a bite of your friend’s Carbonara).
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (If their pasta is bad, tell the world.)
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife (unless she makes a better Carbonara than your own).
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods (pancetta, Parmigiano, and anything pasta related are excluded).
Now, go forth and serve pasta!
Click here Wine Pairings to compliment this dish!